Thursday, February 24, 2005

I Don't Support Our Troops

Superb political satire entitled "I Support The Occupation Of Iraq, But I Don't Support Our Troops" from The Onion:

"I support Bush-administration foreign-policy goals, but I stand firmly against the individual men and women on the ground in the Persian Gulf.

Yes, occupying Iraq does require troops, but they are there for one reason and one reason only: to carry out the orders of the U.S. Defense Department. As far as their overall importance goes, they are no more worthy of our consideration than a box of nails."


and:

"I'd like to ask those currently trumpeting their support for the troops a question: Have you ever actually met any of these soldiers in person? Well, I have, and believe me, they are no more impressive than any other low-level functionary of a large institution."


It never ceases to amaze me how the political right in the United States manages to cloak all manner of violent stupidity by claiming that even raising questions about American foreign policy amounts to an attack on American troops.

3 comments:

Casper said...

Great work on your blog - it was very enlightening. You've got a lot of useful info on there about support our troops so I've bookmarked your site so I don't lose it. I'm doing a lot of research on support our troops exposed and have just started a new blog - I'd really appreciate your comments

Joshy said...

Your blog is great! It's hard to find blogs with good content and people talking about support our troops these days! I have a secret support our troops exposed if you want to come check it out

mia said...

Great work on your blog - it was very enlightening. You've got a lot of useful info on there about support our troops so I've bookmarked your site so I don't lose it. I'm doing a lot of research on support our troops exposed and have just started a new blog - I'd really appreciate your comments