- Kurt Nimmo and Larry Chin point out that Felt was the ringleader of the FBI's COINTELPRO program. Rather than the smiling old man you see on TV, you should regard Felt as easily one of the worst villains in American history. You can't possibly overstate how deeply evil this man is, and how much harm he did to his country.
- John Dean raises some interesting points, although, given the Liddy thesis, it is difficult to know how seriously we can take Dean on this matter.
- Joseph Cannon has lots more good thoughts, including passing on more from Jim Hougan.
- Felt himself has taken many positions on the matter over the years.
- Edward Jay Epstein raises issues about the extent of Felt's knowledge. Mickey Kaus tries to rebut this. The problem with the Kaus position is that it makes this supposedly lone wolf into the head of a big FBI conspiracy of sources, with the accompanying questions about why none of the various sources of parts of the story have come forward.
- The official rebuttal of the conspiracies appears to be by David Greenberg, and is a rather shoddy job. He refers to the single best work on the subject, Silent Coup by Len Colodny and Robert Gettlin, a lot of which is available on the internet, and is well worth reading.
- Deep Throat was described by Woodward and Bernstein as a smoker. Felt never smoked.
Witch Hunt: “Fake News” Software Touted by CBS; Creator Admits He Made Up Who Went on Hit List - Smears Naked Capitalism, ShadowProof, TruthDig, among others Yves Smith | Naked Capitalism | December 7, 2016 One of most pernicious means underway to crus...
23 minutes ago