- Italy is withdrawing its troops from Iraq, an obvious response to the new threat posed by the London bombs, though Berlusconi won't admit it. From the Guardian:
"Mr Berlusconi sought to portray the move as a continuation of existing policy, noting that he had already announced plans to start withdrawing troops. In fact, Italy's stance has been unclear since March when Mr Berlusconi gave conflicting signals about his plan.
His foreign minister, Gianfranco Fini, had most recently indicated that there would be no movement until early 2006.
Yesterday's announcement was bound to prompt criticism that Mr Berlusconi was aiming to deter Islamist terrorists from striking at Italy next.
The announcement came amid growing concern in Italy that his government's staunch backing for the policies of the Bush administration had put Rome or Milan next in line for an al-Qaida attack."
This is a smart move, but don't be surprised to see an attack on Italy anyway, as the Powers of Darkness need to prove that 'appeasement' won't work.
- In the 'war against terror', the Italians have arrested 142 Gypsies and others who lived in 'deprived areas'. Since the terrorists are all well-educated middle-class people, this is just another excuse to be seen as doing something while harassing poor people.
- Daily Kos, practically a semi-official mainstream Democrat blog, is censoring itself over "a series of bizarre, off-the-wall, unsupported and frankly embarrassing conspiracy theories" concerning the London bombing. This is part of the reason why mainstream Democrats are such losers, and will be for a long, long time.
- The British Home Secretary has admitted that National ID's wouldn't have prevented the bombings, and then turns around and says they would help deal with terrorist threats and that in future civil liberties might have to be curtailed! You can see how this will play out. Since the Zionists will prevent any sane resolution of the Palestinian question, the terrorism will continue, and the response of the Security State will be to slowly, but inexorably, drag everyone down into the quicksand. Life in big cities will descend more and more to the life of animals just trying to dodge the bombs, with more and more useless restrictions of personal freedoms, all so Israel can build its little Empire.
- Robin Cook, the Foreign Secretary who resigned rather than attack Iraq without a second Security Council resolution (that's the resolution we're now supposed to believe was entirely unnecessary), has it right:
"So long as the struggle against terrorism is conceived as a war that can be won by military means, it is doomed to fail. The more the west emphasises confrontation, the more it silences moderate voices in the Muslim world who want to speak up for cooperation. Success will only come from isolating the terrorists and denying them support, funds and recruits, which means focusing more on our common ground with the Muslim world than on what divides us."
Sanity is why Robin Cook isn't Foreign Secretary.
Dumbo - This nonsense is from an *Associated Press* interview Friday with the so-called â€œpresident.â€ More gibberish is below the fold, but you should really r...
1 hour ago