- Is Pat Oliphant's cartoon 'anti-Semitic'? Of course it is! We should revel in its anti-Semitism. It represents the revulsion of moral and decent people everywhere at a group of people whose violent psychopathic extremist eliminationist supremacism - connected directly to, and deriving from, membership in the group - must be stopped. Our slogan: it's the Jews, stupid. ITJS. By the way, the attack on Gaza made this, and similar eruptions of the truth, possible.
- We keep running into the same problem: traditional liberalism has no answer for a group that uses the tools of liberal outrage to provide shelter to perform its own outrages. If a group does this - and World Jewry is clearly guilty - we should hate the group.
- Rick Salutin on the crimes against art committed by Garth Drabinsky and Myron Gottlieb. Drabinsky and Gottlieb were just convicted of fraud (note the provincialism of Toronto with the judge all gaga over the great artiste Garth). The unfolding of the prosecution's case was very entertaining as the frauds were so outrageous and numerous. Same old story: Drabinsky and Gottlieb were protected by the Toronto Old Boy's Club while they did their thing in Canada, but like Alan Eagleson and Conrad Black, only met justice when they tried the same tricks in the United States. When Drabinsky screwed Michael Ovitz, the jig was up.
- Antonia Zerbisias used to write about things like this. I wonder if her return to freedom is connected to the mucking out of the Toronto Star head office. Zerbisias:
"(On a side note: never in my life had I been ashamed of my country until the Stephen Harper government began to transform it into NeoConada. Last week's banning of British MP George Galloway for unspecified security reasons was just the last straw.)"
- The Israelis claim that their 'Iron Dome' - their PR trick to convince Israelis to stay because all those Iranian and Hezbollah rockets won't get through! - works. If you are stupid enough to believe that, you probably deserve to die in a rocket explosion. Increasing evidence of reverse-aliyah indicates that Israelis aren't that stupid.
“Persistent” economic challenges continued to weigh on trade - Director-General Roberto Azevêdo’s annual overview of developments in the international trading system highlights the “persistent” global economic challeng...
1 hour ago