- A lot of the confusion about Exxon's intentions derives from a statement made by its CEO in January to the effect that Exxon favored a carbon tax over a cap-and-trade system (subsequently repeated by Exxon in Australia). Of course, at the same time, Exxon was pouring millions into 'think tanks' completely opposed to either system, so you should treat the statements of Exxon as part of its greenwashing campaign. Carbon taxes, where tried, have been ineffective in reducing demand, and most experts propose both carbon taxes - which should be revenue neutral, with the additional government income returned to taxpayers with tax cuts elsewhere - and a cap-and-trade system.
- Ah, those Zionazis and the Master Race. She's lucky they didn't ban ugly.
- Record companies like to mislabel music sharing as 'theft'. This is what real theft looks like.
- A lawyer in California who represented a bankrupt predatory lender appears to have been murdered, possibly a 'targeted killing'. The start of the uprising?
- He had just won his school award for bird keeping (then he bit the bird's head off).
- A Toronto woman has been charged with the Canadian Criminal Code offense of 'fraudulently pretending to exercise witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment or conjuration'. I assume that if you are a real and not a fraudulent witch you have a complete defense.
George Webb deserves your time and attention - George Webb deserves your time and attention See realtime coverage Trump Warns That ‘Major, Major Conflict’ With North Korea Is Possible New York Times c...
47 minutes ago