- The Pentagon is getting ready for clear sailing:
"the U.S. Navy is...planning for potential combat situations that may arise once global warming has melted the Arctic Ocean's summer ice within two decades. A 35-page memo from the Department of the Navy spells out a five-year plan expressing the need to develop new technology and strategies in the event things become contentious in the open waters of the Arctic Circle by 2030."Just keep listening to those Bloggers For Exxon.
- The sectarian segregation of Baghdad.
- The guy who incompetently tried to set up Syria to take the fall for the Israeli assassination of Hariri is still around.
- Stephen Walt responds to Thomas Friedman's remarkable expression of the white man's burden (or should I say, Jewish man's burden), which contained the following amazing paragraph:
"Yes, after two decades in which US foreign policy has been largely dedicated to rescuing Muslims or trying to help free them from tyranny — in Bosnia, Darfur, Kuwait, Somalia, Lebanon, Kurdistan, post-earthquake Pakistan, post-tsunami Indonesia, Iraq and Afghanistan — a narrative that says America is dedicated to keeping Muslims down is thriving."This satire is the last thing that Friedman should have written, if only he had a clue.
- Why do people persist in treating corporations as entities to which moral obligations can be owed? Baffling. We need a new system where it is immoral not to take from corporations.
- Israel spying on the UN (put the mad dog down!).
- Peter W. Galbraith follows Yinon to a $100 million personal payday.
- Covers of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face":
- Christopher Walken (a poor effort by his standards, made a little better when mixed with the original video).
- Alex Borstein doing Marlee Matlin (from the 'jump the shark' ultra-self-indulgent episode of 'Family Guy').
- And the best, Eric Cartman (see also his touching ballad, "Minorities in my Waterpark", from the episode 'Pee', which contains a great parody of animal testing).
تحقيقات الجزيرة: اللوبي – ج4 – الإطاحة -
12 minutes ago