Thursday, December 31, 2009
The political front for the MEK terrorist group - the wacky cult labeled a terrorist group by the United States (though the right-wing nuts, needless to say, want to change that) while being financially sponsored by the United States, and the group which supplied the agents provocateurs behind the recent ultra-violent protests in Iran - is called the National Council of Resistance of Iran.
The settlers lose a bank.
The Head Jew tasked Ben Stein with slurring Ron Paul on the assumption Paul would mention Israel. Paul didn't mention Israel, the hung-over (?) Stein slurred anyway, and hilarity ensued.
Monday, December 28, 2009
"The characterisation of the Iranian movement in those terms was false in several ways. For a start, notwithstanding the 'confessions' issuing from various protesters tortured by the basiji, there is no evidence of any US involvement in the 'Green' movement."
I just had to laugh (and we're just talking about the publicly admitted support, not the black ops).
Stephen Lendman on some particular examples of Jewish thievery. These issues will all be dealt with when the shitty little country is under democratic majority rule.
Some dual loyalists in Europe are attacking Hamas in a Belgian court, relying expressly on Goldstone. The Israelis are cheering the new Euro-AIPAC - note how they don't shy away from celebrating dual loyalty - but I can see how this initiative will backfire.
Friday, December 25, 2009
- the cameraman meticulously following Berlusconi's every move mysteriously turns away vaguely into the crowd just before the attack;
- you can see the swing of the attacker at Berlusconi, which misses him;
- Berlusconi immediately puts a black piece of plastic he had been holding in his hand (?) over his face (but in the moment before he does so you can see his face is unmarked);
- there is no blood above the plastic at first, but when Berlusconi emerges from his car there is a new smear of blood under his eye;
- his bodyguards spend some time obscuring our view while they apply the makeup in the car (and one may have a can of some spray-on substance);
- the makeup appears as caked and dried blood, not what you would see as the result of a very recent attack.
The trickery worked - Berlusconi's personal popularity in Italy soared after the attack.
Thursday, December 24, 2009
"Bolivian President Evo Morales announced today that a world conference of social movements is to take place in Bolivia, as a response to the failure of the 15th Summit on Climate Change, recently held in Copenhagen.It's shit or get off the pot time, and since the United States suffers from terminal constipation . . . .
"The problems of climate change are directly linked to the irrational development of industry," said the president . . . ."
There is room for some optimism that real efforts at arresting climate change can be combined with an anti-capitalist movement that can wrest control of the world away from the selfish and stupid Americans.
"For me, the image that remains of Copenhagen is of Mr. Obama appearing at a press conference to announce an agreement that only five countries had seen, then rushing off to the airport to fly home and avoid a snowstorm back home. He has taken on a grave responsibility in history. If his action proves unworthy, if the voluntary commitments of the United States and others prove insufficient and if future negotiations are derailed, it will have been Mr. Obama who single-handedly traded in international law for big-power politics on climate change.
Perhaps the UN will rally itself to get better organized. Perhaps Mr. Obama's gambit will work, the U.S. Senate will pass legislation and other countries will do their part. Or perhaps we have just witnessed a serious step toward global ruin through our failure to co-operate on a complex and difficult challenge that requires patience, expertise, goodwill and respect for international law – all of which were in short supply in Copenhagen"
Just to get in front of the obvious comments - I know it is Sachs, but you still have to ask yourself: is what he is saying true? It is. Obama showed up late, and imposed a five country 'agreement' on the rest of the world which made a mockery of the conference.
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Jimmy Carter has to perform a ritual self-abnegation before the Jews to allow his grandson to run for office in Georgia (non-denial denial). Of course, as we all know, the Jews have no power and would never use any power they had in a collective action to protect the right of their state to commit war crimes and crimes against humanity.
The core principles of the teabagger 'Climategate' conspiracy:
- someone will make money; and
- the Jews will take over the world (seems a bit superfluous).
More 'bagger logic (it may be a spoof).
And more Copenhagen anti-China spin (some of the comments are much smarter).
Tarantino on the 'bloodcurdling' violence of the Jews.
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Another 'dual loyalist' spy. This was no 'loose cannon': he was placed in the American government for a specific purpose (although all the spin is supposed to fool us over his motives - Jews only have one motive). Note the very complicated 'legend' created for him in Israel over a span of many years, all to make his infiltration successful.
Speaking of dual loyalty - and the man who inspires my talk about blood-dripping fangs - Elliott Abrams is still hard at work (and Robert Parry is still one of the very few reliable American writers).
Rosie DiManno keeps up her reputation as Canada's worst columnist. I think her employment by the Star contravenes the principles of Joseph Atkinson that are supposed to govern the running of the newspaper. The real reason for the Conservative's bizarre support of the worst outrages of Judeofascism is the increasing influence of the Christian Zionists. It is interesting that the collapse of Canwest means that the Jews have lost a lot of leverage over Canadian politics, making it more difficult for the Jews to extort more money for their massive holocaust museum/excuse for killing Palestinians and stealing their land.
Wtf? This is like having Ernst Zündel lead a fundraiser for the JDL! Hospital officials should be fired.
"A parliamentary committee investigating US security agency Blackwater's presence in Pakistan has raised an alarm over the recent spate of extra-judicial killings and abductions of innocent citizens by foreign agencies "under the garb of the war on terror".
The concerns were expressed by members of the National Assembly's Standing Committee on Human Rights, which was chaired by Riaz Fatiyana.
The sub-committee's convener, Javed Hashmi, informed that a group named Special American was operating in Pakistan, and that it had tried to buy a hotel in Peshawar.
The committee unanimously decided to propose to Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani to take steps to stop the activities of foreign agencies in the country.
The committee also sought a detailed report within three months.
The committee also sought a list of missing persons particularly those who disappeared from Balochistan. "
If the leaders won't act, it is time for direct action on climate change. I'm hoping that the grandchildren of the teabaggers and Bloggers For Exxon die of malaria.
Larry Summers, financial genius.
The abject Israeli apology to the Swedes and other 'anti-Semites' is no doubt being prepared. Are the Israeli organ thieves still at work? They deny it, but then again they vehemently denied - along with a massive slurring campaign - what they are now admitting.
"Lebanese Prime Minister Saad al-Hariri visits Damascus to pay his condolences to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad upon the death of the latter’s brother, after nearly five years since the assassination of the former’s father, widely blamed on the latter, to whose own father he has now, suddenly, developed an uncanny physical resemblance."
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Also from Dobbin: "The Ugly Canadian".
Bangladesh's disappearing island.
President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's speech at Copenhagen (unfortunately I can't find a non-CIA source for this speech). Hugo Chávez' speech at Copenhagen. The Chinese tried to lead the rest of the world at Copenhagen, at least until Obama swept in and imposed a non-agreement on everybody (with the American press putting the entire blame for the failure of a real agreement on China!). China needs to work on its propaganda skills.
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer: "CIA Requests Its Own Documents From Author":
"The documents requested from Albarelli centered on two subjects. The first top-secret CIA document details a meeting between an official of the Sandoz Chemical Company and an undercover CIA operator. The document reveals a close relationship between the firm and the agency, and provides stunning details about a mysterious 1951 outbreak of “insanity” in a small French town, Pont St. Esprit. In a covert experiment, the village was surreptitiously administered the powerful hallucinogen LSD in an attempt to see if there was a viable method of waging war without killing people or destroying property. A related document appears to reveal that famed LSD inventor, Albert Hoffmann, maintained a close relationship with the CIA.
The second document requested reveals intelligence links between one of the criminals who murdered Frank Olson and the assassination of JFK, including a possible working relationship with suspected assassin Lee Harvey Oswald. About seven years ago, after an Internet article by Albarelli, an agency official requested that Albarelli send the CIA a copy of a top-secret report from the CIA’s Robert Lashbrook to Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, director of its Chemical Division. The document concerned a Pentagon and CIA cover-up of the 1953 death of a patient at the New York Psychiatric Institute. That patient, Harold Blauer, was killed by an injection of drugs administered under a covert CIA contract."
Saturday, December 19, 2009
Predictions made in 2000 about life in 2010. Mine will be more successful: in 2020, the state of Israel will be under the full political control of Palestinians.
Argentina proves that if you tell the IMF to fuck off, all will be well. This article even tells creditors how to massage their books to cover the missing money that won't be repaid (I could care less about their books).
The assholes at JS-Kit are finally finishing the screwing over of clients of Haloscan (although they must be given credit for publishing the scathing comments!). I hope the money grab means they are on the way out.
Matt Taibbi notes how Obama replaced all his semi-'progressive' election campaign advisers with Wall Streeters all connected to Bob Rubin when it came time to run the economy (my emphasis in red):
"The significance of all of these appointments isn't that the Wall Street types are now in a position to provide direct favors to their former employers. It's that, with one or two exceptions, they collectively offer a microcosm of what the Democratic Party has come to stand for in the 21st century. Virtually all of the Rubinites brought in to manage the economy under Obama share the same fundamental political philosophy carefully articulated for years by the Hamilton Project: Expand the safety net to protect the poor, but let Wall Street do whatever it wants. "Bob Rubin, these guys, they're classic limousine liberals," says David Sirota, a former Democratic strategist. "These are basically people who have made shitloads of money in the speculative economy, but they want to call themselves good Democrats because they're willing to give a little more to the poor. That's the model for this Democratic Party: Let the rich do their thing, but give a fraction more to everyone else."
Even the members of Obama's economic team who have spent most of their lives in public office have managed to make small fortunes on Wall Street. The president's economic czar, Larry Summers, was paid more than $5.2 million in 2008 alone as a managing director of the hedge fund D.E. Shaw, and pocketed an additional $2.7 million in speaking fees from a smorgasbord of future bailout recipients, including Goldman Sachs and Citigroup. At Treasury, Geithner's aide Gene Sperling earned a staggering $887,727 from Goldman Sachs last year for performing the punch-line-worthy service of "advice on charitable giving." Sperling's fellow Treasury appointee, Mark Patterson, received $637,492 as a full-time lobbyist for Goldman Sachs, and another top Geithner aide, Lee Sachs, made more than $3 million working for a New York hedge fund called Mariner Investment Group. The list goes on and on. Even Obama's chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, who has been out of government for only 30 months of his adult life, managed to collect $18 million during his private-sector stint with a Wall Street firm called Wasserstein-Perella.
The point is that an economic team made up exclusively of callous millionaire-assholes has absolutely zero interest in reforming the gamed system that made them rich in the first place. "You can't expect these people to do anything other than protect Wall Street," says Rep. Cliff Stearns, a Republican from Florida. That thinking was clear from Obama's first address to Congress, when he stressed the importance of getting Americans to borrow like crazy again. "Credit is the lifeblood of the economy," he declared, pledging "the full force of the federal government to ensure that the major banks that Americans depend on have enough confidence and enough money." A president elected on a platform of change was announcing, in so many words, that he planned to change nothing fundamental when it came to the economy. Rather than doing what FDR had done during the Great Depression and institute stringent new rules to curb financial abuses, Obama planned to institutionalize the policy, firmly established during the Bush years, of keeping a few megafirms rich at the expense of everyone else."
It is funny that the new Democrats now have a political theory identical to the old - say, Nixon-era - Republicans (the Republicans are now wallowing with the religious crazies, and don't have a sane policy on anything). American politics has shifted wildly right. The calculation that a few bones thrown in the general direction of the poor will prevent any kind of mass uprising damaging to the rich appears to be true. The only thing resembling a mass uprising in American politics is the teabaggers, who are used to push politics further to the right. There really is no hope for the United States.
Every person who dies as a result of the Exxon success in Copenhagen is the moral responsibility of the Bloggers For Exxon, and I won't let them forget it.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
One of the things I've noticed is that the deniers are insanely preoccupied with Al Gore. This connects directly to swiftboating.
The arguments of idiots.
The reaction of the Canadian Conservatives to the Yes Men prank proves it hit home.
Yet another Canadian 'security certificate' struck down. If we can't jail CSIS for wanton abuse of the Canadian Constitution, can't we fold them up for utter incompetence and money wasting?
Is Erik Prince 'Graymailing' the US Government?
American government destabilization efforts in Venezuela.
If you can believe it, the Israeli threat against the British government for not interfering in the British legal system - the Israelis don't recognize a legal system as having any constitutional separation from the interests of the government - is to exclude Britain from the hilarious 'peace process', a threat that must be an example of that famous Jewish humor we keep hearing about.
"Virtually everywhere in the world people tend to be more educated than their parents. This is no longer true in the United States. A report by the American Association of State Colleges and Universities indicates that the U.S. is one of only two nations on Earth in which people aged 25 to 34 have lower educational attainment than their parents."
Democratic Party apologists are preparing the propaganda base for a useless health care bill, reasoning that a lousy bill can be built on. No, it can't. Without a 'public option', there will be no pressure to improve the situation, and it will be many more decades before the United States has a first world health care system (by which point the U. S. will be firmly second world anyway). For most people, all they will see is a new requirement to give money to insurance companies. With the Republicans on the ropes, the Democrats are committing political suicide. It is amazing what insurance company graft - and tribal devotion to Israel - can accomplish.
Speaking of which, it looks like he is good for at least an additional two Purple Hearts. I hope the Jews are grateful.
Speaking of which, American analysts are tying themselves into knots trying to understand the psychology/sociopathy of Joe Lieberman. It is simple: he is a Jew. World Jewry feels that Obama is Bad For The Jews, and a decent health care bill would ensure that Obama is reelected. Thus, the Head Jew sent Joe to sabotage the process.
Internationally wanted war criminals.
The famous Jew 'Porn Sex Video', presumably named after the family trade.
The most recent spin is that Goldman Sachs bankers aren't carrying.
A Skull & Bones Party?
Holiday news from Germany (a very Southern U. S. sounding story):
"The fight took place in the western city of Aachen when a 74-year-old man and a 35-year-old woman both laid claim to a shopping trolley on Saturday.
As the pensioner wrestled the cart from the hands of his rival, her 24-year-old brother stepped forward and floored him with a punch.
Together with their 53-year-old mother, the brother and sister then took the trolley into the supermarket. But the OAP came round and followed them to the cheese counter.
He clubbed the younger man with a salami as his mother tried to fend him off with a sharp 4lbs piece of Parmesan.
The pensioner then pushed the woman down on to a glass countertop on which she cracked her head.
Police arrived to break up the melee. Two of those involved were treated in hospital for minor injuries.
The trolley was undamaged.
A police spokesman said a sudden rush of shoppers on the last-but-one Saturday before Christmas had depleted the supermarket's trolley reserves and "raised tensions" between the would-be customers."
Monday, December 14, 2009
"Why are climate change deniers like Stephens more interested in possible but unlikely scenarios like nuclear attacks by rogue states rather than the real and ongoing threat to national security and global stability posed by climate change?"
and also note, as you'll hear the exact opposite from various 'truthers', Climategateologists, swift boaters, Sarah Palins and their fucking ilk:
"(After all, if "indifference to evidence" is one indication of "the totalitarian impulse" described by Stephens, how embarrassing it must be for him to assert, as he did in his column Tuesday, "The earth has registered no discernable warming in the past 10 years" when, on that very same day, the World Meteorological Organization reported that "The decade from 2000 to 2009 was warmer than the decade from 1990 to 1999, which in turn was warmer than from 1980 to 1989," and further that "The year 2009 is likely to rank in the top 10 warmest on record since the beginning of instrumental climate records in 1850…")"
Hilarity always ensues when a government official contacts Cryptome, in this case ominously offering to 'help' a whistleblower.
"I’m sorry but we blew up your laptop (welcome to Israel)". This is just vandalism. When will put the mad dog down?
Saturday, December 12, 2009
Bliar, unusually candid about the lying process (my emphasis in red):
"Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair says he would have taken the decision to remove Saddam Hussein even without evidence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq.
In an excerpt from a BBC interview to be aired Sunday, Blair said: "I would still have thought it right to remove him. I mean obviously you would have had to use and deploy different arguments, about the nature of the threat."
It is a misuse of the subjunctive to say he 'world have' removed Saddam without evidence of weapons of mass destruction when in fact he did remove Saddam without evidence of weapons of mass destruction.
Banksy's Christmas story picture. Sometimes you have to wonder if the whole Zionist project isn't just revenge against Christianity.
New York City politicians and officials feel that the fine religious sensibilities of some religious nuts have more value than the lives of the people living in New York City.
"Climate science under attack". See also here.
Friday, December 11, 2009
"Many of the protesters arrested at the G20 riots
this year have had their bail dates set for mid-
December, the same time as Copenhagen. Coincidence?"
Of course, the 'Climategate' 'Truthers' don't have that problem, as they have come directly from one of their teabagging parties.
On Juan 'Langley' Cole:
"Juan Cole is an expert on the Middle East. He knows Arabic and Farsi and probably a handful of other languages. He knows more about the Arabic and Islamic world than most Arabs and Muslims can hope to learn in a lifetime. But he supports the empire. I have attended one of his lectures in which he said he was not against the war on Iraq in principle but he only disagreed with the way the Bush administration (at the time) was carrying it out. Here he wishes Israel a happy 60th birthday: http://www.juancole.com/2008/05/happy-60th-to-israel.html
I'll continue to read his blog and plan to read his new book because he knows his stuff. But politically, a pair of Iraqi shoes have done more for the cause than all of Juan Cole's writings combined"
Thursday, December 10, 2009
- A lot of the confusion about Exxon's intentions derives from a statement made by its CEO in January to the effect that Exxon favored a carbon tax over a cap-and-trade system (subsequently repeated by Exxon in Australia). Of course, at the same time, Exxon was pouring millions into 'think tanks' completely opposed to either system, so you should treat the statements of Exxon as part of its greenwashing campaign. Carbon taxes, where tried, have been ineffective in reducing demand, and most experts propose both carbon taxes - which should be revenue neutral, with the additional government income returned to taxpayers with tax cuts elsewhere - and a cap-and-trade system.
- Ah, those Zionazis and the Master Race. She's lucky they didn't ban ugly.
- Record companies like to mislabel music sharing as 'theft'. This is what real theft looks like.
- A lawyer in California who represented a bankrupt predatory lender appears to have been murdered, possibly a 'targeted killing'. The start of the uprising?
- He had just won his school award for bird keeping (then he bit the bird's head off).
- A Toronto woman has been charged with the Canadian Criminal Code offense of 'fraudulently pretending to exercise witchcraft, sorcery, enchantment or conjuration'. I assume that if you are a real and not a fraudulent witch you have a complete defense.
Wednesday, December 09, 2009
Sarah Palin, pied piper of the 'Climategate' 'Truthers'. You must be so proud.
Big Oil makes annual profits larger than any group of corporations has ever made in human history. Cutting supply without allowing them to reap the windfall profits will put an end to that. Billions of profits, gone. A few million dollars - less than pocket change - artfully spread here and there is enough to completely fool the Conspiracy-Industrial Complex. Any greenwashing expert could tell you how to do it.
Obama had to wait to go to China so he could find out how many troops the Chinese would fund to go to Afghanistan. All the time he waited he had Dennis Ross on his back, screaming in his ear for more troops for the Wars For The Jews. The only way out for the Chinese will be to convert those increasingly worthless dollars - thanks to those very Wars For The Jews - into semi-worthless hard assets, and then send the guards to ensure the local masses don't try to steal anything. The first picture says it all.
The cathouse on C Street is still up to its old tricks.
American taxpayers fund a charity which pays money to Israeli troops who are imprisoned for disobeying orders to evacuate illegal settlements - assuming they can find any such imprisoned soldiers! - and even pays a bounty to Israeli soldiers for shooting Palestinians.
The always hilarious Dersh on Knox. Americans are outraged, but all juries know that innocent people don't give a variety of untrue alibis, and especially don't give an untrue alibi which results in an innocent man being arrested. Add a little DNA and a bratty defendant, and a conviction is entirely reasonable.
Amazing Japanese crash.
Tuesday, December 08, 2009
- The members of the Council on Foreign Relations think Israel is a shitty little country (Barry Chamish will say 'I told you so').
- Weird attempt to blame 'Climategate' on the Russian government (without any evidence whatsoever, and even weirder when you consider that the emails were probably stolen by a paid-off insider and not hacked at all), while admitting that anybody can buy the services of Russian hackers. Note that one of the shibboleths of the 'Climategate' 'Truthers' is that the mainstream media won't touch the story, which is odd since it is all over the mainstream media and this article, from the 'lefty' Independent, seems to accept the oily and obviously false 'Climategate' premise that the emails prove some kind of scientific malfeasance.
- For people who always claim they haven't done anything wrong, the Jews sure spend an enormous amount of time unsuccessfully trying to prove that the Wars For The Jews aren't wars for the Jews.
- "Colton Harris-Moore, the barefoot boy bandit, outfoxes sheriffs" by escaping in stolen planes! He taught himself to fly from video games! "[H]is weakness is pizzas, which he asks to be delivered at the edge of the woods."
Monday, December 07, 2009
- "Attention Christmas Shoppers: Top Ten Brands to Boycott"
- For the Jew who has everything (although you know they'd prefer the white phosphorous snow globe that makes the sound of screaming Palestinian children when you shake it).
- "Anyhow the lesson here is clearly that scientists need to be much nicer in how they respond to thugs. Right before they drown, our grandkids will thank us for being ever so sensible in this crucial regard." You really have to be illiterate, retarded, or paid off by Exxon to see even the slightest evidence in any of the emails of the slightest wrongdoing. What we see in the stolen emails is a group of people reacting to the vicious onslaught of the denier douches.
- "An Open Letter to Congress From US Scientists on Climate Change and Recently Stolen Emails" refers to 18 leading U.S. scientific organizations, including the American Association for the Advancement of Science, the American Geophysical Union, and the American Meteorological Society, which state the "consensus scientific view".
- "Ocean Acidification Will Cost Us Dearly"
- The deniers would prefer to believe in a world-wide scientific conspiracy of hundreds of scientists in dozens of labs over decades - all with no apparent motive to lie - rather than give up their idea that the Queen leads a conspiracy of Illuminati, Freemasons and, of course, Jews who are using climate change as part of their deadly plan to sap our precious bodily fluids.
- The CIA, Blackwater, and bin Laden.
Sunday, December 06, 2009
- Big oil is going to lose billions of dollars a year in profit if meaningful climate change initiatives go through.
- All the big name thinks tanks, etc, that challenge the scientific consensus are funded by Big Oil.
- The scientific consensus remain a consensus: for all intents and purposes, minus a few publicity hounds and those paid off by Big Oil, all the experts in the field, based on consistent data for the last thirty years, accept the fact that human activity causes climate change and the world is headed for an utter catastrophe if we don't do something about it.
If you have trouble with any of these statements, go find another blog. If you are not with us - and by 'us' I mean the legion of moral and decent people - you are against us, and to hell with you.
Saturday, December 05, 2009
- This link (from stevieb), along with the comments to it, does a good job at explaining the funding behind the oil industry propaganda campaign. Actually the whole site is good. Note also the third paragraph here. Also note that this attack on internal emails is part of a larger campaign. A few years ago, some of the oil companies decided for PR purposes to start pretending to be environmentalists, hoping that the stupidest and moist gullible would be fooled. Judging from many of the comments to this site, their plan seems to have worked! There is not the slightest doubt that there is a huge conspiracy going on here, run by Big Oil and those it pays to serve as its mouthpieces and spies.
- 'Dual loyalty' is an American government job requirement.
- I'll bet the Jewish world-wide delight over the Swiss minaret decision will start to sink a bit when the full ramifications become clear, there and in other countries. After all, it wouldn't be fair to single out Muslims (in fact, the discrimination against one religion might sink the ban, making a more carefully drafted attack on both Muslims and Jews more likely to succeed). By the way, the Swiss now have one of the most curious constitutional provisions in the world ("The construction of minarets is prohibited.").
- The Big Book Of Lies is a bad history textbook.
- 9/11 is not a joke.
- Folding money.
Friday, December 04, 2009
"The likely future of access to water in such a world is dark, indeed. George Monbiot of The Guardian writes that an increase in average global temperatures of 1.5° C—that is, a mere 0.7-0.8° C beyond the level relative to pre-industrial temperatures that has already been achieved due to historical emissions—exposes some 400 million humans to what he refers to rather dryly as water stress, while an average global temperature increase of 2.1° C is estimated to place between 2.3 and 3 billion people at risk of outright water shortages. Monbiot’s compatriot Mark Lynas finds a 2° C rise in average global temperatures to nearly eradicate the mountain glaciers on which the millions who currently reside in Peru, Ecuador, and Bolivia depend upon for their water, and he claims a 3° C such rise to imply a drastic reduction in the Himalayan glaciers that today provide life for more than half of humanity.
Without serious action aimed at mitigating the consequences of climate change in the near term, these average temperatures increases—to say nothing of even more apocalyptic ones—will likely come to pass. A poll conducted in April found nine out of ten climatologists to believe that humanity would fail to limit global warming to 2° C, while the UK Met Office recently concluded that a 4° C average-temperature increase—a temperature increase that Met scientists claim would threaten the water supply of half the world’s population—could well occur by the year 2060. Just two weeks ago, in fact, scientists with the Global Carbon Project found the prospect of a 6° C average-temperature increase by the end of the century—an eventuality that would problematize the existence of the vast majority of currently existing humanity—to be entirely within the realm of possibility.
With regard to climate change then, present reality seems far worse than even the most pessimistic observers could have imagined some time ago. Both the present concentration of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere as well as their current rates of emission are far higher than they should be if much of humanity is to have a chance of flourishing in the foreseeable future. The world’s leaders, especially the most powerful among them, have decidedly failed to address this emergency with the sense of urgency it requires. The climate legislation proposed by the lawmaking body of the society most responsible for climate change—the United States—calls for reductions in carbon emissions on a scale entirely inadequate for preventing catastrophic climate change, and Barack Obama has recently expressed that no binding treaty should be expected from the decidedly critical Copenhagen climate summit that will take place next month. Parallels with other examples of imperial arrogance—the recent overwhelming rejection by U.S. legislators of the Goldstone report, for example, or the Obama administration’s caving on the question of Israeli settlements in the West Bank and East Jerusalem—could be made."
The people opposed to doing anything about this, including all the Bloggers For Exxon and anybody who talks up 'Climategate' into a conspiracy, are nothing more than 'I'm all right Jack' sociopaths hiding behind a veneer of pseudo-scepticism in order to justify their selfishness. We see this pseudo-scepticism everywhere now, particularly in the United States - where American power has been thought to insulate Americans from the effects of the facts, including scientific facts - and it forms the basis of the creationist arguments that evolution is only a 'theory' and the refusnik vaccination nutters who can dabble with the alternative medicine quacks because they get a free immunological ride from the fact that moral and decent people have all been vaccinated. The climate sociopaths fear that it will be a few more cents more expensive to fill up the Hummer so they can drive the Hummer to the mountain so they can drive the ATV up the mountain so they can wreck the mountain driving motorcycles back down. Of course, psychopath corporations like Exxon don't like the science as the plans are to increase energy costs - therefore reducing demand - while not passing the excess profits to the producers, thus making their businesses less profitable (why is this so hard to understand? - selling less stuff at the same percentage profit levels equals less profit).
The phony scepticism has created a conspiracy theory that climate change is just a scam created for traders to make money. Of course, they will make money. The economic solutions have been devised by economists working within a capitalist system. If you have a problem with the economics of the solution you should be leading the revolution, not dooming most of the world with your selfishness.
Thursday, December 03, 2009
- More on the morality of not paying banksters: the predators counted on the honesty of the poor in creating their new financial products.
- Via Irish4Palestine, a list in Political Theatrics of the people slaughtered by the Jews in what the Jews call Operation Cast Lead. There can never be a complete list, as the Jews did things like send people into buildings for shelter and then shell the buildings.
- Paul Craig Roberts:
"The 'defense' budget is an entitlement for the military/security complex about which President Eisenhower warned us 50 years ago. A person has to be crazy to believe that the United States, 'the world’s only superpower,' protected by oceans on its East and West and by puppet states on its North and South, needs a 'defense' budget larger than the military spending of the rest of the world combined."
- If all the old people were ice floed (probably a good idea anyway; btw, the Inuit don't do it), Americans would have legal gay marriage in all but the most hillbilly places (speaking of the geighs, I can see where this confusion could create a lot of problems).
- I thirst!
Wednesday, December 02, 2009
The fact he doesn't get excused for being a monster doesn't mean that his list of morons isn't a good one. It is important to note that the anti-science crowd is the same as the racist, homophobic, misogynist, fascist, conservative, Republican crowd. The Bloggers For Exxon can look to one side and see Rush Limbaugh, and look to the other side and see Glenn Beck. If you lie down with dogs you get fleas. Don't forget - you can't sit this one out. Not to decide seals the fate of everybody. Either you side with the experts, or you side with Big Business interests and this rag-tag host of douchebags who hold all the usual 'conservative' opinions.
Tuesday, December 01, 2009
- The Pentagon is getting ready for clear sailing:
"the U.S. Navy is...planning for potential combat situations that may arise once global warming has melted the Arctic Ocean's summer ice within two decades. A 35-page memo from the Department of the Navy spells out a five-year plan expressing the need to develop new technology and strategies in the event things become contentious in the open waters of the Arctic Circle by 2030."Just keep listening to those Bloggers For Exxon.
- The sectarian segregation of Baghdad.
- The guy who incompetently tried to set up Syria to take the fall for the Israeli assassination of Hariri is still around.
- Stephen Walt responds to Thomas Friedman's remarkable expression of the white man's burden (or should I say, Jewish man's burden), which contained the following amazing paragraph:
"Yes, after two decades in which US foreign policy has been largely dedicated to rescuing Muslims or trying to help free them from tyranny — in Bosnia, Darfur, Kuwait, Somalia, Lebanon, Kurdistan, post-earthquake Pakistan, post-tsunami Indonesia, Iraq and Afghanistan — a narrative that says America is dedicated to keeping Muslims down is thriving."This satire is the last thing that Friedman should have written, if only he had a clue.
- Why do people persist in treating corporations as entities to which moral obligations can be owed? Baffling. We need a new system where it is immoral not to take from corporations.
- Israel spying on the UN (put the mad dog down!).
- Peter W. Galbraith follows Yinon to a $100 million personal payday.
- Covers of Lady Gaga's "Poker Face":
- Christopher Walken (a poor effort by his standards, made a little better when mixed with the original video).
- Alex Borstein doing Marlee Matlin (from the 'jump the shark' ultra-self-indulgent episode of 'Family Guy').
- And the best, Eric Cartman (see also his touching ballad, "Minorities in my Waterpark", from the episode 'Pee', which contains a great parody of animal testing).