I don't know if it is intentional, but the oozing out of the NSA scandal story means the NSA and its apologists have numerous opportunities to outright lie about what the NSA is doing, lies which are shown to be lies with the next wave of disclosures, and on, and on. The facts:
- the NSA gathers all telephone data and internet keystrokes - not just 'meta-data', although they gather that too - and records everything;
- he NSA has usable search engines for all this data;
- very lowly NSA employees can and do use these search engines for various types of fishing expeditions;
- they usually do so without any court approval, or, if the NSA supervisors are feeling particularly virtuous, the NSA will obtain a rubber stamp blanket approval from a ridiculously partisan NSA-friendly judge - from a bizarroland simulacrum of a 'court' - who gives the approval with little or no information, all of which comes from an NSA lawyer;
- not one - not one! - act of terror has ever been caught with this scandalous behavior, and the only point of it is as a method of social and political control;
- while there is no proof, you'd have to be remarkably naive to believe that the information isn't being used for political purposes, including the blackmail and control of politicians.
From Niqnaq (odd, but we're getting used to wondering about the Guardian; another version of the pdf here):
"I’ve made a pdf of the Guardian‘s online version of one, 32-frame X-Keyscore presentation. Download here. Oddly, that 32-page presentation is not the source of some of the frames in Greenwald’s accompanying article, even some marked with the “X-Keyscore” logo come from another X-Keyscore presentation, or from different presentations altogether. The first WaPo article about the NSA leak said there were a total of 91 slides, “plus supporting documentation”. – RB""NSA Statement on XKEYSCORE"
"Only One Big Telecom CEO Refused To Cave To The NSA ... And He's Been In Jail For 4 Years" "Before Edward Snowden, There Was Joseph Nacchio" Regulators almost never seriously pursue insider trading as it is the fundamental basis of the entire operation of Wall Street, so now we know why they went after this particular guy.
The unenlightened self-interest of the cabal of Jewish billionaires:
- "U.S. Hedge Funds Paint Argentina as Ally of Iranian ‘Devil’ – Part One"
- "U.S. Hedge Funds Paint Argentina as Ally of Iranian ‘Devil’ – Part Two"
- "Jewish, Republican, pro-gay rights"
Somebody knows who is going to win in Syria: "Iran and Syria sign $3.6bn oil deal"
Yinon makes a rare appearance: "Arabs, Beware the "Small States" Option"
Some Jews lose a 'the': "How UN schemers screwed up Middle East peace prospects for all time…with one 3-letter word" by Stuart Littlewood:
"Extraordinary how the US always wheels in such people to ‘resolve’ an Israeli-provoked Middle East crisis when there’s no shortage of non-Jews for the task. Like Kerry has recruited Martin Indyk to supervise the bogus peace talks in Washington…"Speaking of which: "The Wit and Wisdom of Martin Indyk"
Or: "Israel: a Huge Liability on American Foreign Policy Balance Sheet – Indyk-AIPAC Secret Theft From American Industry Reaches $100 Billion"
"Top U.S. General: We Pay a Price for Backing Israel"
"Collective Stockholm Syndrome — We Love, Respect, Protect Our Abusers" by Paul Haeder (via wood s lot). Peculiar hints of 'anti-Semitism' here. Eventually we may reach the enlightenment of the 20s and 30s.
"Now You See Him, Now You Don’t: Living in a One-Superpower World (or Edward Snowden vs. Robert Seldon Lady)" by Tom Engelhardt
"Raghead the Fiendly Neighborhood Terrorist: Weapons of Mass Distraction"
You have to read this: "Stolen Art Watch, Cannes Diamond Heist, Why So Little Is Ever Recovered, Ask Oleg Deripaska, Nat Rothschild, Vladimir Putin, Lord Peter Mandelson & Nicholas Sarkozy"