Sunday, October 12, 2014

Bad manners

The second NSA leaker.

"After Gaza, What Price Palestine’s Security Sector?"

"Academic civility and its discontents"  It is not a surprise that the powerful would turn to manners as another way of suppressing the powerless.

"Illinois chancellor who fired Salaita accused of serial self-plagiarism" You don't have to dig too deep to find a general culture of sleaziness.

"Fired Professor Steven Salaita’s Speech at Columbia College Chicago on Israel, Civility & Academic Freedom":
"I’m no anti-Semite. I’m no terrorist. I’m no bully. I’m no savage. I’m a man who was fired because I condemned Israeli policy in language appropriate to a horrible occasion rather than in the meek platitudes of civility."
"The Talmud and the Israeli secret police"

"Study Shows Haredi Community Would Likely Be Almost Extinct – If Not For The Holocaust"
blog comments powered by Disqus